Method Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet: Refer to the article below about the ingredients as well as how to eat well.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, chicken or bison
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced*
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bag Success® Brown Rice cooked according to package instructions (about 2 cups cooked rice)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is heated, add ground turkey to skillet and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Brown turkey, stirring occasionally. While turkey is browning, cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- When turkey is completely browned, add 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp paprika and ½ tsp oregano; stirring to combine.
- Remove turkey from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray and add the pepper and onion to cook for about 3-5 mins and until soft, add garlic, tomatoes and the remainder of seasonings; continue to stir and cook for about 2 mins and until all veggies have softened.
- Add the turkey back into the veggies along with cooked brown rice
- Squeeze lime juice over the mixture and stir everything together. Taste and season with additional salt or other seasonings to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!