Method Skillet Meatballs In Marinara Sauce, Serve these cheesy meatballs on a hero, over pasta, or just gobble ’em up as-is.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 T. worcestershire
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. dried basil
- 3/4 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, egg, panko, worcestershire, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper with your hands.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the meatball mixture.
- Take one of the pieces of cubed mozzarella and stuff it into the center of the meatball, making sure to cover the cheese completely with meat.
- Repeat the process until all of the meat mixture is gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray it generously with cooking spray.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet and brown them for 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly into the skillet and turn the heat down to medium low.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer the meatballs for 10 minutes.
- Top the meatballs with the shredded mozzarella and serve.