Method Skillet Burritos, No need to struggle with holding a messy burrito in your hand—this dish is served straight out of the skillet!
One-Skillet dinner ready in 30-minutes, combining all your favorite Mexican flavors!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1- pound 98% lean ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (you can also use a 14-ounce can diced tomatoes)
- 1 can (15-ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas, each cut into 6 triangle shaped wedges
- 1 cup Shredded Taco Blend Cheese
- plain non-fat yogurt or sour cream
- green onion , chopped
Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add onions, season with salt and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally; drain.
Return to heat and season meat with cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in tomatoes and kidney beans.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Lower heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 7 minutes.
Stir in tortilla wedges.
Add cheese on top and remove from heat.
Cover skillet and let stand for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with yogurt or sour cream, avocado, and green onions.