Method Italian Sausage and Tortellini Skillet: This easy, Italian dinner takes under 30 minutes, for a delicious and satisfying hot meal on those busy weeknights.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 20 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (1-24 oz jar) + ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Crumble in sausage and cook through, until no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning water, and tortellini.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender. While pasta is cooking, turn broiler on to low (optional).
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over tortellini.
- Place pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Alternately, you could place the lid back on the pan and let the heat from the pasta melt the cheese.