Method Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet: Refer to the article below about the ingredients as well as how to eat well.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 2 lbs cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a cast iron skillet add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until are gold brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes or so, breaking it into small pieces and stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes and don’t forget to stir well.
- Add tomato sauce, broth, salt and pepper and stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Cook for 7minutes.
- Add peas and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover the skillet just to melt the cheese. It only take about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with fresh parley.