Method Easy Pantry Pasta Made In 30 Minutes or Less, Quick and easy pasta begins with basic ingredients, such as mushrooms, onions, and red peppers. An egg yolk is tossed with the ingredients and heated through before serving to glaze the pasta in rich, creamy flavor. Finish with a sprinkle of a fragrant, nutty cheese.
- 2 slice country bread
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 clove garlic
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped capers
- 1 large lemon
- ¾ lb. spaghetti or linguine
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the bread into 1/3-inch cubes. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and spread in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake until golden — 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill a medium stockpot with water and bring to boil. Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, and salt, and cook until onion is golden brown. Remove skillet from heat and add the parsley, capers, and lemon zest.
- Add about 2 tablespoons coarse salt to the boiling water, add the pasta, and cook until al dente — about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Slowly whisk the reserved pasta water into the egg yolks and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add the egg mixture and spaghetti to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook over low heat until warmed through — 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and the croutons and serve immediately.