Method Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas: Refer to the article below about the ingredients as well as how to eat well.
- 3 tsp. canola oil
- 8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- fresh thyme leaves, For serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, in batches, skin side down until skin is browned and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate; reserve skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to reserved skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas, and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Nestle chicken into mixture, skin side up.
- Roast in oven until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves and yogurt alongside.