Method Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pesto Bow Ties, Toasted pecans add unexpected warmth and crunch to this creamy pasta dish.
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 oz. Parmesan
- 4 oz. mascarpone or cream cheese
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ c. chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 1/2 lb. farfalle
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water until tender, 5 minutes; remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add pasta to water and cook according to package directions; drain.
- Process basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, red pepper, and Parmesan in a food processer until finely chopped. Add broccoli and pulse until coarsely chopped, 4 to 6 times. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir broccoli pesto and mascarpone into pasta until well coated; fold in chicken.