Method Bass Packets with Tomato, Corn, Chickpeas, and Olives: Get dinner on the table quick (and keep dirty dishes to a minimum) with these simple fish packets.
- 1 c. fresh corn kernels from 2 ears
- 1 c. canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 lb. small tomatoes (about 2), cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 c. pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless bass, halibut, or cod fillets
- 4 sprigs oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place corn, chickpeas, green beans, tomatoes, and olives on one side of four 11″-x-15″ pieces of parchment paper, dividing evenly. Drizzle with oil, dividing evenly, and season with salt and pepper.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and top with oregano; place on vegetables, dividing evenly.
- Fold parchment over fish and vegetables, then fold edges under twice to seal. Transfer packets to baking sheet and bake until fish is opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully tear open packets to serve.