Making Pierogies with Sausage, Cabbage & Pear Made In 30 Minutes or Less: Pierogies are a great shortcut item that can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store. Steam for a softer texture, or fry if you prefer a few crispy edges.
- 1 (16-oz.) box frozen onion pierogies
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. fresh bratwurst, casings removed
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, shredded (8 oz.)
- 5 scallions, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 firm ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bratwurst and cook, breaking into pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add cabbage and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Add pears, vinegar, and mustard and cook until pears are warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sausage mixture topped with pierogies.