Chicken Guacamole and Bean Tostadas Dinner is delicious and healthy. Layer your favorite toppings like guacamole, pico de gallo, and beans to make these tostadas extra tasty.
- 6 tostada shells, store-bought or homemade*
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 (10oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained (use Mild if you don’t like spicy food)
- 3/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought**
- Sour cream
- Using a fork mash avocado with lime juice and 1/8 tsp garlic powder to a slightly chunky texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. In a small saucepan mix together refried beans, drained canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and remaining 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
- To assemble tostadas, layer each tostada shell with guacamole (avocado mixture), bean mixture, lettuce, chicken, cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- *The store-bought tostada shells can usually be found by the tortillas. If making the tostada shells yourself preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush both sides of 6 yellow corn tortillas lightly with olive or vegetable oil (about 1 Tbsp total). Season lightly with salt then bake on a rimmed baking sheet about 4 – 5 mins per side until crisp.
- **For homemade pico de gallo – in a medium bowl toss together 2 diced roma tomatoes, 3 Tbsp diced yellow onion, 2 Tbsp minced cilantro and 2 tsp lime juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy